- Problems found during the test will be categorised differently.
- There will be stricter rules for diesel car emissions.
- Some new testable items will be introduced to the test.
- The look of the MOT certificate will change.
- Some vehicles over 40 year of age won’t need an MOT.
At the time of writing (20/03/2018) we do not have the final details of the new scheme. We’ll keep you posted as we learn more.
For the latest news published by the DVSA, please visit this news item on the GOV.UK website:
‘MOT rule changes: 20 May 2018’